The teach-in ‘Hindutva and the University’ was organised on January 15, 2020, in solidarity with on-going assaults on students and faculty at Indian universities. The panel, and ensuing discussion with the audience, shed light on the ways in which questions of knowledge – its production and dissemination – are fundamentally, and violently, imbricated with the project of Indian, and particularly Hindu, nationalism.
• Mehroosh Tak, Kashmir Solidarity Movement
• Akanksha Mehta, Goldsmiths, University of London
• Meena Dhanda, University of Wolverhampton
• Rahul Rao, SOAS, University of London
• Akshi Singh, Queen Mary University of London
Listen to the podcast of the event here: https://soundcloud.com/qmulofficial/hindutva-and-the-university